ear infection?

i woke up this morning with pain in my left ear. everything was muffled so i cleaned it out but there wasn't much wax there. you know when you have that annoying itch in your throat, and you push on your ear to try and scratch it? well when i push on it it hurts terribly. earlier i was leaning forward to unload the dishwasher and i got a sharp pain, like something was about to make its way out of my ear. i have been sick with a head cold, this is the 3rd day of being sick but overall my symptoms are almost gone. i hope i didnt get an ear infection from being sick :( are these tell-tale signs of an ear infection or maybe it's just irritated from the way i slept? i know, i should see a doctor. just looking for opinions. thanks.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Health

• As a person that has had two sets of tubes as a child and lots of adult ear infections, I have two piece of advice. It could be an ear infection, but I have things you can try if you don't want to go to the doctor. 1st. Try popping your ear. From all that blowing your nose your ear drums could be "sunk in". Don't do it to hard, but try to pop them every 15-30mins until they popped. This might be the problem. 2nd - pour some hydrogen peroxide in your ear. It will bubble and might make them feel better. Do that twice a day. If they don't feel better after a day, then try the doctor. (i am in no way a medical professional. These are remedies i use)
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• probably an ear infection
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2010