• In the Spotlight:

Help me out.

How easy is it for teens to get pregnant? Can teens get pregnant before or after ovulation? Like days after her period? I know teens are way more fertile then older women. Help me out please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• teens get pregnant just like every other woman. it's no easier or harder. teens are not more fertile than all women who are not teens.

IMO if you don't know how making a baby works, you don't need one.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Teens have the same issues as older women. It varies from girl to girl. A teen (girl) can also get pregnant before ever having her first period.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• it doesnt vary like that, it varies woman to woman.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• You should NOT be trying to have a baby. The health risks for mother AND child significantly increase when the young lady is under 18. That's not fair to do to the baby. If you really want to act like an adult consider someone elses quality of life besides your own and save your future child some serious trouble by waiting until you can support and take care of a baby by yourself! The only thing you should be worrying about right now is graduating high school and being a teenager which doesnt include babies! And as the pp's mentioned teenagers are not more fertile. In general simple more irresponsible with bc which results in lots of unplanned pregnancies which is why it seems like its easier for a teen to get pregnant
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• she didnt say she was under 18 did she? no.
    if she wants to its her business
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my guess is if she is over 18 she wouldnt be calling herself a teen. I certainly didnt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i dont call myself a teen.. and im 19.. so im guessin she's under 18
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• it doesnt matter your age you would get pregnant just like any other woman hell i got pregnant in the same amount of time after having sex with my SO that i did with my ex in high school it took a month and a half to get pregnant the first time and it took a month in a half the second time .. i had three miscarriages with my SO this year but still al the same i got pregnant very easy it really doesnt matter your age unless you are compareing a teen to a 40 or 50 year old woman that is diff
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 4:14 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• It's not necessarily true that a teen is more fertile than an adult. I listened to a program on NPR about fertility that said a woman's fertility peaks at 23, after that the egg production starts slowly dropping off. Historically, back when we were hunters and gatherers, a woman would get married around 11 but wouldn't be able to reproduce until about 10 yrs. from then (women then were too skinny and athletic and their bodies hadn't matured fully until their early 20's). So experts think that they were meant to be in a relationship for about 10 yrs. before reproducing. So while you are more fertile than a woman in her 30's or 40's, you are not more than a woman in her 20's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2008