I saw my OB yesterday and told him that I am having extreme pain in my pelvis and left hip. He said that it is normal. Uh.... I don't think so!

OK, maybe I did not explain it well enough to him or something. There are different levels of pain and I used the phrase that my hip causes EXTREME pain! So bad that at times I cannot handle the pain and I even have a vicodin prescription for migraines. Vicodin does not even touch this pain. No matter what the pain is always there and it does vary in the severeness. Right now it is irritating but not severe. A few minutes ago I was in very serious pain and could not get my hip joint to even move. I mean screaming pain. Is this really normal in pregnancy?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:18 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i know i used to have hip pain. not like screaming pain though. it was mainly because my mattress wasn't right. i tried a firm mattress, a soft mattress, nothing was working for me. the only way i could find relief was to sleep with a pillow between my legs. try that. if that doesn't help, then explain to your doctor how bad it hurts.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• thats exactly how i felt yesterday at the hospital!! not hip problems but extreme breathing problems. and they said its normal it really pissed me off.. i was there for 7 hours. it isnt normal i feel like i cant breathe and i see spots and almost faint. aggravating huh??
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I had it like that too but only in the night, I would wake up and start crying because i couldn't even get out of bed. then when i could i couldn't even walk across the room on my own. I don't know if this is sapossed to be normal but thats how it was for me, if i get like that this time im goin to be sure to talk to my dr. about it more.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• sounds like sciatic nerve problems which is normal in pregnancy as baby can sit or kick the nerve.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i dont think thats normal at all.
    but as the hospital told me lol
    "what do i know, ive never been pregnant before"

yeh thats nice huh?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:34 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• try seeing a chirpracter they work miracles during pregnancy! Its really amazing. Yes its normal but some gentle strectching and a chirpractic adjustment will have you feeling like a new woman (Oh and I switched to an elevated air mattress to ease the pressure sleeping on my side put on my hips. Worked miracles)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i've had pains like that off and on, and unfortunately it is normal.. and as far as vicodin.. who the hell is the doctor who prescribed that to you?? Hydrocodone(vicodin) or dihydrocodeinone is a semi-synthetic opioid derived from two of the naturally occurring opiates, codeine and thebaine..vicodin for migraines?? sorry, i dont mean to sound like a bitch..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• thats what i was told that its normal and trust me i know exatly what you mean i am doubled over in pain alot but my baby is fine i had to get a muscle relaxant from the dr i only take it once in a while but when i do it feels so much better
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 4:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i can't help with your pain problems becuz i never went through that but it sounds like a couple fo you need to find other doctors
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I am in extruciating pain also, I cry myself to sleep almost every single night. I am 40 weeks and very tired. Just SITTING here i'm in pain. But i'll tell ya, reading what some of you ladies wrote and are going thru the same thing, i feel a bit better. Thanks everyone!!
    Maidenmomma1

Answer by Maidenmomma1 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 10, 2009