May I have your attention please!

I want to know how many of you moms out there would stand for someone spanking your child without asking you. Yesterday I was outside at my daddy and step moms house and my 3 year old wasn't listening and instead of coming outside to get me and let me take care of it she spanked him I got so upset I left. Tell me I do have the right to get upset right?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• hells yea you have a right to be upset!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Absolutely! That was uncalled for. Grandma or not. Especially if you don't even spank him!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• of course you have the right to be upset if anyone did that to my son i would do the exact same things family or not only you should punish your child for wrong behaviour no one else hun x xx
    KAT1991

Answer by KAT1991 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• yes. nobody has the right to spank your child but you and dad. she way over-stepped her boundaries. i'd be livid!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You certainly have a right to be upset. My suggestion would be to have a sit down w/the Stepmom and your Dad and get the "rules" laid out. Make sure they are aware that this is not the way you want your child disciplined and that you would prefer them to come to you to handle that.
    JenPrincess88

Answer by JenPrincess88 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• if i were your parents and you acted like that over me punishing your child (who you were not watching) i would not welcome you back to my home.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would have been pissed too. If I am around I do not want anybody else to discipline my child. If I am not around then I am OK with them doing it....if it is something I would discipline them for. If not then I don't want them to say or do anything.
    luvsmygirls77

Answer by luvsmygirls77 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Hell, I would have thanked them. They are grandparents. You weren't around, therefor your child needed to be disclipined right then and there. A child doesn't learn if you wait around for mom to come and then punish them. Because for those few minutes (or however long) he got away with what he was doing. I tell my sister in law all the time, when my son is at your house, punish him if he does wrong. My mom doesn't punish him for anything, and it's a never ending battle to get her to do it! Im all for it though, I wouldn't have gotten mad.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You always have the right to be uspset about anything that bothers you. On the other hand, if it was any of my family or close friends disciplining my child would I get upset? No I wouldn't. I expect that when we are someone else's house that my child must follow their rules or suffer their consequences. I am sorry that you are upset about this, but they were doing what they thought was probably in the best interest of your child
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes. Your child, your job to discipline. Especially since I do not spank, I would be livid.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:24 AM on Oct. 21, 2010