Laundry..it is a never ending battle for me

does anyone have control over their laundry? I feel like i am always washing, folding and putting away something. and there are still clothes everywhere. I have today and tomorrow off of work and I know that all I will do is deal with clothes. I need to clean out closets and put my summer clothes away, get rid of stuff I don't wear to make room. I feel like I am drowning in clothes.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I feel your pain! LOL I have gotten caught up a few times, just to get behind again, like now. I do plan on doing at least 2 loads today. It seems like if it's not clothes that need washed, it's bedding or towels!
    nicksmom604

Answer by nicksmom604 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Agreed. That is why we have made our 13 year old daughter and 14 year old son incharge of their own laundry. Keeping up with laundry for 5 people is just too much. We would never get anything else done.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I totally understand you. I did 5 loads last weekend and didn't even finish. I have several more piling up and I just don't even want to think about it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i have 3 kids that range from ages 4 to 9 months. i also have a husband. laundry is a never ending thing around here, too. ive decided to do it once, maybe twice a week and just take my time doing it. it will take all day but then when the last load is put away i'm done for the week. i also bought the dryer bar so i don't have to search for the dryer sheets with every load. my 4 year old has started to help me fold and put her clothes away so that is a big help to me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yep. It's a never ending battle. The only solution is to go naked for a few days. Then you will be caught up!

I have four kids, ages 4, 3, 2, and 11 months. Laundry is ongoing. I will get it all done and then collect dirty clothes as they all go to bed and realize I am ready to do another load!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Have your kids do their own laundry if they're old enough. And oh yea, your husband/So can help too.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have a 10 an 12 year old. I am starting to show them how to do it. I was sick one time and my husband did a load for me, big mistake. My whites weren't white anymore.Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have the same problem. Once I have it done more magically drops from the sky!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I used to find it boring actually I hated it, but I just a new pair of Maytag front loader for $600 used (1 yr old with 4 yr warranty) and they work perfectly. My old pair was 15 yrs old and made awful sounds and took forever to dry (140 minutes a load). Now I get to watch my clothes tumble in very little water and dry in 40 minutes. I think I am in love. Now if I could just get someone to PUT away my folded clothes I would be in heaven. Just so you know, I keep my laptop in the kitchen. Right now I am mopping the kitchen floor. My back is killing me so I rest in front of my laptop and answer your question. The cookie jar is here next to me and I am enjoying my sugar high.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I try to put a load in every single morning. Then when I get home from work I switch it to the drier and bring up the load in the drier. I usually stay on top of it this way. But then somebody pees the bed and I fall behind.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010