Did you hear about the 16 year old being charged with possessing WMD's?

A North Carolina teenager, his brother and his mother have been charged with several felony counts for possession of weapons of mass destruction in connection with an exploding pen that seriously injured a student and three firefighters.

Jessie Bauguess, 16, is accused of bringing the exploding pen to Turning Point Academy in Charlotte, N.C., on Monday.
Police said Bauguess used information from the Internet to learn how to turn a pen into a weapon.

The device injured a 15-year-old boy after the pen he took from a cup on his teacher's desk exploded. The extent of the injuries wasn't revealed by police.

"All he did was go get a pen. So he could do his classroom work. I mean, you're not expecting a pen to blow up in your face," said the mother of the injured boy, who declined to be identified.

The pen contained triacetone triperoxide, also known as TATP -- the same explosive used by Richard Reid, the shoe bomber.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, how horrible. You go up to the teachers desk to get a pen, you know that was aimed at the teacher.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• OMG I can't believe I haven't heard about it yet. My sister lives in Charlotte, so I figured she would have at least told my mom (who would have told me). That's crazy.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think they should all be charged with attempted murder.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those that were injured and their families.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• That's crazy!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:17 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Whoa...
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Quinn, ITA.

this isn't a prank, and the mom should also be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. what kind of idiot helps their kid procure dangerous explosives to use against a teacher?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• While I hardly think that pen exploding could be the cause of mass death but it's still a horrible thing to do and they should be charged with whatever sticks.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think being charged with WMD is a little overkill. What a little a-hole though!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• As the investigation progressed, evidence collected resulted in warrants being obtained on Tracy Bauguess his mother. She has been charged with 3 counts of malicious injury by use of an explosive device and one count of possession of a weapon of mass destruction; she has not yet been taken into custody. Ms. Bauguess drives a purple Honda Civic, NC Tag XRJ-2678. Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of Ms. Bauguess is asked to call 911 immediately to have a patrol officer dispatched to their location.

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2010