What is the worst advice you were ever given when you were pregnant?

A few women suggested that i smoke marijuana while I was pregnant. According to them (they don't have kids) they know a few girls with babies who smoked while they were pregnant and "their babies are sooo mellow."
Needless to say, I didn't follow their advice. Anyone else recieve a bit of terrible, unsolicited advice while they were pregnant or with their kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• LMAO i was told that one too. and i was told to lose weight.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• ok first of all i have to say OMG WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?? when they become pregnant, i hightly doubt they do it...mothers intuition says NO to that.
    As for bad advice...hhhmmm..i don't think i did. With my son i had alot of great women help me out (this was before i found out about CM) and then with my daughter i kind of knew what was going on. so no, no bad advice. doesn't mean i didn't do bad things though. ok not totally bad. with my first pregnancy, i did eat alot, even though you're not supposed to. second pregnancy though, i didn't. i learned my lesson the first time!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• eat spicy foods to bring on labor - crock of sh@t! all I got was heart burn! LOL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Oh GOD, I got the marijuana advice too except for another reason. This was for morning sickness.... uh no. The reasoning you got is by far worse though. Geez!

To me the worst advice I had received was to drink beer so baby could use the yeast to grow.
    Yeah... I NEVER listened to that advice. First, I don't want a huge kid, secondly... uh I don't need a fetal alcohol syndrome kid, and thirdly... I HATE beer.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• lol "push".....really, i was told i could eat whatever i wanted!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 12:28 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I was told not to eat olives because they would cause a miscarriage! Whatever! It just made me crave them more and I ate plenty!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• LMAO girlneffy! just because they say "bun in the oven" doesn't mean it needs yeast! OMG I would not have been able to keep a straight face when they told me that.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• OMG bellarose, I would have miscarried by now. LOL, especially early in pregnancy I was eating jars of them at a time and now that you bring them up I think that a jar is in order. Yumm!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• girlneffy, that is hilarious!!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• girlneffy, I can't stop laughing about the yeast making them grow!! I think I'm going to start giving out that advice just to see what expressions I'll get!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2008