Does this mean anything to you?

Obama Omits 'Creator' from
Declaration of Independence for Third Time
Source: CNS News
For the second time in little over a month, President Barack Obama stripped the word "Creator" from the Declaration of Independence when giving a speech.

"As wonderful as this land is here in the United States, as much as we have been blessed by the bounty of this magnificent continent that stretches from the Atlantic to the Pacific, what makes this place special is not something physical. It has to do with this idea that was started by 13 colonies that decided to throw off the yoke of an empire and said, ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that each of us are endowed with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,’” Obama said in Monday's speech...

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmom, I agree with you 100%!!! I've never seen ANYONE on this planet so adept at talking out of both sides of his mouth at one time, and believing every word he says as Barry is. The sad part, the pathtetic part is, he has so many believing his rhetoric, also, that they can't see the forest for the trees. But, as I said, I agree, and yes, it's nauseating.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 10:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If he chooses to quote from the Declaration of Independence, he should quote it accurately. He should not edit it to fit his own agenda. If saying the words "by their Creator" leaves such a bitter taste in his mouth, he can rinse with Listerine afterward.

If he still can't say "by their Creator", he needs to have his speechwriters come up with some original inspirational words.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• y'know, i don't know what he thinks he believes, or who he thinks he's pandering to. he's done enough verbal flip-flopping to piss off everyone..er, well, most people who actually listen to his words, that is.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Since our Founding Fathers were of mixed religous backgrounds including Christians, Diests, Athiests, etc. and they still felt the need to put Creator in it I think he should recite it. If he doesn't then that's his issue. However, I find it interesting that he feels the need to "defend" being a Christian, yet he won't even say the word Creator.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• the only thing I can say is that he is desperately trying to please man and the ways of the world. If he was ever a Christian he knows what that result will be.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• The War on Christianity?

bouncing

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• That is all well and good js BUT the document DOES indeed state 'endowed by thier creator' it is how it was written and should not be mangled up...omitted.

Kind of like the Pledge of Alliegance, huh?  The original should have been left alone.

DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• He's trying to appease too many people.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• <<"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.">>

That's the oath he took ... and as far as I'm concerned, if he detests what it says he isn't capable of upholding his oath.

This has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with his job and his inability to grasp the simple concept that the COTUS stands for ALL of us, and that 'he' has no right to ignore it, or change it. The individual citizens each have a right to live their lives according to what they believe ~ but he has a duty (which he CHOSE and BEGGED for) to uphold that entire document.

Whether or not there are legal ramifications, he's scummier than whale dung.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• do you understand that the Declaration and the Constitution are two separte documents, Farm? where in the Presidential oath is the POTUS required to never imcompletely quote the D of I.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010