Bump if you know/are a strong, courageous woman who has faced rape!

The numbers are chilling! Women need to take a stand and take control and let the world know that it won't be tolerated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Crazy for Credits

• Purple, it's because there is still a LOT of shame attached to it. It's sad and disgusting, we NEED to talk about this.

I count myself among the very lucky to have never been a victim of sexual violence. My midwife estimates that up to 75% of women have been victimized, if not raped. More conservative estimates place the number somewhere near 1 in 4, and that's on the LOW side. As the mother of a daughter, those stats terrify me. 2 of my 3 sisters have been raped. I am so disgusted and scared for my daughter. Why is this so common?! I just don't understand.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Bumped :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I agree. But every time I try to bring sexual assault into the open and out of the dark I get yelled at.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It has always been common but it is only recently that we get disgusted by it because it is only recently that women are seen as something more then property (since women are usually the victims). It is because it is a crime of power and mankind is power hungry.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have never been nor do I know anyone personally (at least who has told me) that they've been raped. However, anyone who has survived such an ordeal is strong and courageous in my book.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• AGREED, MAMA!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2010