got evicted - need info

i got an eviction notice on monday evening. it says i have 3 days to vacate. i have 2 kids and no means to move stuff and am not ready for this at all. hopefully their dad is going to pick them up later (he's been saying he's going to everyday since monday though) and hopefully i can get my brother and a friend to come help. is it possible that at anytime TODAY they could come and kick me out//lock my stuff inside???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Call the courthouse that sent you the paperwork to be sure.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Did you already have a 30 day notice? What type of lease do you have?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• ugh i do don't want to do this on my sn.. i guess i'll just delete it later. no courthouse has sent me paperwork. the manager of the apt complex put a note on my door. i never got any notice but the 3 day notice i got on monday. i'm not sure what you mean by what type of lease i have. i assume it's normal?? lol idk.. it's not hud or sanction housing or anything like that. i live in a regular apt complex.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 11:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You don't need a 30 day notice if your rent is 21 days late. After the 3 days they can change your locks. I would call your landlord and try to work out something. If anything maybe you can extend it a few days.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Call your landlord and see if you can work something out.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i doubt it's the same where i live.. i got the notice when my rent was 13 days late.. the apt manager is a bitch. she doesn't like me. she's always very rude to me. talking to her isn't going to help me.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 11:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think what the lease question is...did you sign a year lease? are you renting month to month? are you paying your rent on time? are your children being destructive? do you have complaints from other tenants? these are questions only you can answer...you may need to contact a lawyer to make sure that your rights are not being violated.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 11:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• my years been up for 8 months now. i rent month to month now. i've never been late until this month. no, my children are not destructive. i'm getting evicted for not paying my rent. no, i've never had a complaint against me.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 11:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• The landlord or no one else never gave you any other type of notice? I kinda find it hard to believe that all he gave you was a 3 day notice.How late are you and do you have the money to pay him?
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

Why are'nt you paying your rent?
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2010