Is the Epidural good during labor??

EvaMaria18

Asked by EvaMaria18 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i loved it.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 5:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Depends on who you ask. It makes it so you dont feel the pain of labor but if your given it to early it can slow or even stop your labor. But as long as you get it after you 5 cm dialated your ok. You can always look it up online to get more information about it. http://www.oyston.com/ptinfo/epidinf.htm that site has good information on it. good luck
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I got an epidural with my son and it slowed my labor and I wound up getting a c-section. With my daughter I went completely natural. IMO natural is always better.

There are a lot of reasons not to use an epidural. I don't remember the websites I read when preggo with my daughter but if you want I can try and see if I can find it.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 5:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I loved it as well. My 4th pregnacy before my son was born. They had to turn the epidural down so that I could push. I had feeling in my right leg, but not in my left leg. It was a strange feeling.
    brightchild

Answer by brightchild at 5:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I was fine with it. However make sure you know all the risks involved to you AND the baby. Yes they can harm the baby. Make sure it's an educated decision... and go for the demerol first to take the edge off. Good Luck!!!!
    Anonymous

• I got an epidural with both of mine and loved it. I didn't have any problems or complications or side effects. I know there are some risks involved, and many women choose not to have one and to them I say " You go girl!!" However, I'm a big wimp and have very little pain tolerance so I got an epidural both times. It feels weird when your legs are all numb, but it didn't take long afterwards for the feeling to come back, like within an hour I think.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I had it with all 3 of my kids, but it only ever WORKED for my first child. I felt everything there was to feel with my second and third babies.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• THANKS ALOT FOR THE INFORMATION TO ALL! THEY ARE REALLY HELPING ME!!!
    EvaMaria18

Answer by EvaMaria18 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I hated it! When they 1st gave it to me it didn't work ( I was only 1 cm) so they had to do it again. I ended up having a C-Section, but if I had a vaginal birth I can see how it would've helped.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 6:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I thought that it was worth every penny♥ it made the whole giving birth thing a great experence.
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 6:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2008