I want to know what you think........

Ok I seen another medicine comerical, this time it was for a pill that you take to reduce the amout of flow (or heavy flow) during your period> WTF Ae you kidding me. Does anyone else think there are way to many meds that they offer now a days that seem pointless? I mean that is a natural part of a chicks life and my guess is that in 6 months there will be a recall on this like every other damn thing they are pushing. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Health

• As someone with menorrhagia, I'd take that pill in a heartbeat.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think it's just another "gimmick" for the pharmaceutical co's to make money. I would ask myself, "why do I want to reduce the amount of flow"? if you think you are bleeding very heavy it may be something wrong. See your doc before you take ANY meds.
    Jerzymom

Answer by Jerzymom at 11:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think that it is pointless but then again I know my sister would LOVE to be able to take that just like the first poster. I have no need for it so thats why I feel that way. But that dosnt mean I think that noone should take it. To each their own. That is kinda like saying that it is pointless to take birth control when you are younger to regulate your periods like I did. I got tired of having to leave school because mine was never on a schedule and I was missing test days because I would go through my clothes. It was good for me to take at 15 although most people think it is pointless that young because you (knock on wood) are not sexualy active that young.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Well.... I agree we have to many meds on the market and yes some are not well tested despite FDA regulations. BUT Menorrhagia can be serious not to mention uncomfortable. Menstruation is a natural thing but bleeding to the point of anemia and severe iron depletion is NOT! I guess we all pick our poison!
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 11:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Agree!
    rain408

Answer by rain408 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes---if you would flow as much as I did, you would be thankful for that pill. I was so anemic,I had to take shots of Iron at the Doctor and have hormone injections every two weeks...so, just be gratefull that your "natural part of a chick's life" is so easy for you.; Ha.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If I had that particular problem, I would be ecstatic to find a treatment. I've seen the commercial, though, and thought it was cool until the long list of common side effects popped up- blood clots to anemia(isn't it supposed to fix that?)- didn't sound like the cure was better than the affliction just yet.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010