Depressing Question: How late in pregnancy can babies be aborted?

Can someone also explain what saline abortion is? How far along is it still legal?

I want to know all the facts, but I think I am really starting to go towards pro-life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• With Saline abortion the abortionist injects saline into the womb. the baby swallows it and is burned inside and out. There are videos of babies trying to get away from the burning. Look up the video of the saline abortion survivor..I forget her last name but her first is Gianna (I think). I used to be pro-chioce but am now pro-life. One thing I saw of interest and is food for thought, "why is a mother not a murder when having an abortion but if a pregnant woman is murdered, the perp can be charged with double homicide?" It's a baby which makes it human..and every human has rights. There are other options besides abortion.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Anon, God bless you for following your heart, and knowing what is right. If we don't speak up for the innocent, unborn, who's only crime was being concieved, and they didn't even ask for that, no one will! We will never know if one of those murdered babies could have been the one to grow up and find a cure for cancer, or AIDS, or end world hunger and poverty, or acheieve world peace. No, we won't know, because someone selfishly ended their precious little life needlessly.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 11:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• They can do abortions clear up to the end of a full-term pregnancy. In late-term abortions, a full-term baby is delivered, all but the head. The abortionist then inserts a pair of surgical scissors into the base of the baby's skull, into it's brainstem and brain. Then, the brain is vacuumed out, and the baby is effectively murdered. As for the saline abortions, I have seen videos of a fetus attempting to move away from the saline, because it was feeling the pain of being burned. It was murdered anyway, but it did try to get away.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 11:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• reading these answers make me want to vomit ! why on earth would anyone want to do that! I think you should have thought about this BEFORE you got pregnant. please ,I am not judging you it is your life and your body, but my goodness think about what you do to the unborn!!!
    Jerzymom

Answer by Jerzymom at 11:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• "I hope no one thinks that I am considering this! I have an infant son and am not pregnant. I am asking because I am coming to a clearer decision in my head that I am pro-life."

That was what I got from your question. I had never heard of saline abortions either but learned yesterday how awful they are...and also why I gave the question to ponder. makes me solidify my pro-life stance for sure :). Take care
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It's legal in most states until birth takes place spontaneously. It's legal in all states until birth for medical reasons like birth defects that are incompatible with life.

Saline abortion is the injection of saline (salt water) into the uterus to abort the pregnancy. It burns and kills the baby, who is then flushed out. As far as I know that is only availible int he first trimester, not because of legality but because of effectiveness. After the first trimester it's less like to end the pregnancy and more likely to just burn and scar the baby.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• kittyeashy, you are thinking of Gianna Jessen. I have actually posted a video of her telling her story in one of the other posts on here. She is a remarkable young woman,and is one of my personal heroes.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 11:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Alanaplus3, please, don't think I'm bashing you or your opinion in anyway, but how can a video of an unborn baby being murdered look worse than it really is? It IS HORRIBLE! It IS WORSE than it looks! There is no way to sugar-coat it.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 12:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I BET IT LOOKS WORST THEN WHAT IT IS...WOW CUZ YOUR NOT THE ONE GETTING INJECTED AND KILLED...TO ANYONE WHO IS NOT GETTING MURDERED IT WOULD JUST SOUND AND LOOK WORST...I WOULD LOVE TO INJECT YOU WITH THE SALINE SOLUTION AND SEE IF IT'S NOT THAT BAD...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• AMEN, Ink-freak!!!! You said it better than anyone else!
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 12:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010