For people who are pro-life, how do you feel about the morning after/plan b pill?

What exactly is the difference between the morning after pill and abortion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• if your eggo aint preggo yet its NOT abortion.
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• it takes a few days for sperm to even get to the egg to fertilze so if taken next morning or right after the egg is not even fertilized yet its there to PREVENT fertilization.. it even says its not an abortion pill so there fore if your egg is already fertilized with the sperm your SOL with the morning after pill
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• The pill prevents fertilization, an abortion is disposing of an already fertilized egg. BIG difference.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm Pro-Choice for others, Pro-Life for myself. I will not take Plan B, and in fact I'm pregnant now because of that fact. I also don't believe in IUDs because many of them allow fertilization and deny implantation... But I think options like Plan B are a god send for those who are raped, and I think they cut down on the number of "beating heart" abortions, so I'm all for them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Abortion happens after the fertilized egg has implanted in the uterus. The morning after pill keeps the body from releasing an egg or keeps the egg from implanting.

I'm really on the fence about abortion and how I feel about it, but in my opinion, the morning after pill is not the same as abortion, since it most often works by keeping an egg from being released in the first place.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Alcnic, if the egg is fertilized it prevents implantation. It doesn't prevent fertilization of ovulation as already taken place.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• ati i KNOW that hence why i said if egg is already fertilized your SOL...
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Alcnic, Sorry, I misunderstood. It can't prevent fertilization except by preventing ovulation. That's what I was trying to say, I thought you were saying that it could prevent fertilization.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• The morning after pill will not abort a pregnancy, for one thing....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am pro-life.

One brand name for the morning after pill is Plan B. It causes the lining of the uterus (endometrrum) to harden, which prevents the embryo (sperm and egg already met and formed a new human being) from being implanted. The embryo then starves to death within 5-7 days and is expelled through the menses.

Counting from the first day of her last normal menstrual period, RU 486 is effective from the fifth through the seventh week gestation (heartbeat began at 21 days and brainwaves are recordable at 40 days). RU 486 prevents nourishment and important hormones from reaching the child, causing the child to starve to death and die.

I'm sure you can tell from my "intolerant" descriptions, I do not agree with the use of either. =)
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010