what do you do when you turn into someone you never thought you'd be?

My husband treats me like a bad dog 11 months out of the year. I've caught a situation where I feel he lost his temper with her. What do you do when you know divorce is on the horizon? How do you cope with the feelings of broken trust after years of being lied to, let down, and spoken down to? I've dealt wih finacial and emotional abuse. I've made a friend at my first job in 3 years (which is the only time I've been aloud to leave the house since I gave birth to my daughter) I've started going out one night a week after work, and still he's trying to keep me from seeing anyone I get along with.I'm miserable, and the only thing keeping me going anymore is my daughter....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• The first thing you need to realize is that it's NOT YOUR FAULT.

The next thing...would you let your DAUGHTER accept such treatment?

Then stop modelling it for her. Get out.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I was in the same situation, sadly it IS traumatizing and damaging to you ego. I would suggest counseling to get over this abusive situation you were in. My son's father was the same way and it's been over 2 years and I'm still not fully over it, it's a process and right now I'm at the anger stage. Life WILL get better you just have to believe me, it did for me. If you ever need to talk feel free to send me a message. Good luck to you and your daughter.
    JustinsWife4507

Answer by JustinsWife4507 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• It sounds like you might benefit from counseling. Has your husband gotten worse over the years or has he always been like this? I know my husband and I were going threw a pretty hard time and he changed into a different person. As we have worked threw things both of us have turned back into the people we once were. Good luck to you.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'm trying to just seperate myself from the relationship at this point. there really isn't a whole lot more I can take. I'm going to try to ride things out until My daighter is of school age (she's 2). I don't know. I think a big part of me just wants to feel wanted, but at the same time I don't want anything to do with him. I've started bringing my daughter to my family's house for a week out of the month..I just disapear the whole time because I can't be in the same room as him without fighting...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2008