Who lives near Victoria Texas or knows about this town?

My husband was offered a job and we are just trying to get a feel for the town. Positives and negatives....we have 3 kids. 6, 3, and 1. How are the schools? Shopping? Any insite would be greatful! Thank you!

Eastiesmom

Asked by Eastiesmom at 11:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• We have passed through Victoria a many times, but I dont know anything specific about it. Seems just like a small town to me and I dont think the shopping is something big there.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Thank you!
    Eastiesmom

Comment by Eastiesmom (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• LOL 'small town' in Texas is all relative. I grew up in Boyd..400 people..thats a small town in Texas. Victoria isn't like San Antonio or Houston..although it is about the same distance from either. It is a midsize town. When we lived in Beeville we had few shopping options. Victoria was often the closest place to find what we were looking for. The town I live in is 16000 people, I'm not sure exactly how many are in victoria..but I know they are at least 5-6 times bigger than we are. That's a city of significant size here. They are the biggest city within about 2 hours of the, I know you can be in Corpus or San Antonio in about 2 hours, I think it's about the same to Houston. It takes less than an hour to get to the gulf. I hope I helped some.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Thank you!
    Eastiesmom

Comment by Eastiesmom (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2010