Has anyone ever taken Zofran for morning sickness?

I was wondering if anyone has ever been but on Zofran for morning sickness. If so did it work for you? I am always very NERVOUS to take ANYTHING while I am pregnant because I am afraid it will harm my baby, however, I need something to make me feel better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i took the sublingual zofran but the taste made me puke so i had to be put on reglan GOOD LUCK
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I took it and two other medications to help ease my morning sickness with my twins. All 3 combined did help some, but it was not a complete cure by any means. If you are actually throwing up more than 5 to 10 times a day I would recommend at least giving it a try.  With my first pregnancy I didn't take anything and I was violently sick every half hour 24 hours a day for over 4 months.  Taking 3 medications with my twins I was usually only sick 8 to 10 times a day.  If you're not actually throwing up but just feeling nauseous I don't think I'd bother with it.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• took it, loved it!! did not make me sleepy and cranky like the reglan. and i only took it once a day. that was 7 1/2 years ago, and that is boy has no side effects from it! gifted student, fantastic athlete. good luck!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 12:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I took it with my daughter and now with this pregnancy. I get horrible morning sickness and that was the only thing that help. I told my husband that I was to kiss the person that made that drug!!!!
    hforreste10

Answer by hforreste10 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• They tried everything on me from phenergan to zofran and while they would help for maybe 1 day or 2 they never really worked for me
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am 38 weeks and still have morning sickness and have been taking Zofran since I was 6 weeks pregnant. It has been the only thing that has worked for me to get thru the day and nights. I don't like to take anything but I felt I had no other choice because I was so sick I couldn't even handle drinking water. It has given me and the baby any negative side effects. I am high risk because of my age so I have had every test possible during this pregnancy and the baby is doing great, so I feel the Zofran has helped tremendously to be able to eat and drink very healthy.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 6:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010