'Glee' GQ Pics: Should Parents Be Angry About Racy Spread?

Have you seen Glee in GQ magazine? What do you think about this?

mommom2000

Asked by mommom2000 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think its inappropriate. Its not in a magazine you have to be an adult to buy, but in one anyone can get. Plus, while these young actors may be of age, they play high school kids, and were photographed as over sexualized high school girls. I don't think it should have been allowed.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think....

They are young actors, posing for pics in a very popular magazines..

That's about it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If my kid is old enough to watch that show, he/she is old enough to see those pictures. It's not a show for small children. It's stupid for parents to let their kids watch Glee and be pissed about that picture.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think it isn't a magazine intended for children, so why do people have their panties in a bundle? On the cover of Teen Beat (does that even still exist :P) yes... GQ... nope
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't think many kids buy GQ

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• GQ? How many kids read GQ. Don't like it don't read it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't see a whole lot of difference with the Brittney Spears video when she was what... 16? It's no big deal to me.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 11:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My personal view on the whole "High School" image issue.

They may "Portray" high school girls on tv. However. They are not high school girls. Expecting 20 something year old women to live like high school teenagers just because of a role they play on tv is ridiculous in my opinion. They have lives to lead, and I'm sure most of them would like a career after Glee's 15minutes are upso other forms of exposure is most likely needed in order to expand their career opportunities while the iron is hot.

A small child, wouldn't be looking at/reading MAXIM anyway. The only way they would even know about it, is due to someone around them making a big deal about this. Parents making bigger issues out of these things than need be sometimes. A small child would never even know about this, if it weren't for Parents choosing to make an issue of it and splash it all over the media just to get some faux outcry/outrage over it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• TYPO : should read "GQ" instead of Maxim.. LOL I noticed a copy of MAXIM that my BIL recently picked up, and it was on the brain.. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Small children (which Glee is not geared towards anyway) would not "know" about these pics if such a big deal weren't being made about them. If parents weren't making such a stink about the pics, which is what is causing this faux issue to be all over the news to begin with, then small children would never even know about them.

Small children do not generally read GQ. I dare say, many if not most do not even know what GQ is. And those who do know about it because of their parents most likely.

If a child see's this GQ cover ( a child who watched Glee) and they ask questions about it. Then the Parents should take that opportunity to explain to the child that these people are actors, they portray a character on TV Nothing more nothing less. They are not the character, they do not live like the character.etc They are real people, who live real lives, and do other things in that life than just like us, good things & Bad alike
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010