if i know i was ovulating so we had unprotected sex 4 days ago, why does this calculator say im 2 weeks pregnant? adult content

i put ovulation date/conception date as oct 20 and the due date calculator said= Your pregnancy begins at conception. (Thu, October 21st ,2010) Your due date is 266 days (38 weeks) later. (Thu, July 14th ,2011) We will use the more popular numbering, starting 14 days before your conception. According to this, you are already 2 weeks pregnant at the time of conception, making your total pregnancy last 40 weeks, or 280 days.
October 21st ,2010 2 weeks & 0 days pregnant. ~i dont get how this is possible to be 2 weeks pregnant when i only could have gotten pregnant 3 days ago

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It goes by the date of your last period.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Because the first two weeks are a freebie. Doctors count from the "first day of your last period" which is usually 2 weeks before conception (well, not usually, but the average is 2 weeks before conception). So when you are 40 weeks pregnant, you have ACTUALLY only been pregnant for 38 :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Technically, you weren't pregnant, but they count back to the first day of your last period... Not sure why they do that, but they do. Maybe to make it an even 40 weeks? Easier to remember? But yes, basically on the day you conceive, they consider you 2 weeks pregnant. Kinda silly, isn't it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 11:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Your last period is what they go by I know its confusing to me to I tried the same thing and it ended up that I was a prego
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't even be looking at the damn calender until you know for sure you are pregnant. Even have sex at ovulation, you still only have like a 25% chance of conceiving. Until you are testing positive, don't get yourself excited and looking at such things. It'll make disappointment worse.

Good luck though, I hope you are :)
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• in my experience when you quit trying, quit worrying about it, it happens! Don't know why, just works that way! I tried for two years to get pregnant when my son was 2 years old, after testing, a laproscopy , and the Dr. telling me that I only had one ovary that wasn't wrecked by scar tissue, and that I couldn't get pregnant without surgery to clear my tubes,(which I declined), I divorced my husband, found a new man, and bingo! Got pregnant the second month after I met him! (we got married that fast). It was the furthest thing from my mind, so she was quite a surprise!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2010