What should I tell my husband ?

He won't stop gambling, wants me to cook for his parents on the weekend and wants me to find a job. Meanwhile he goes out once a week , and does not clean up after himself. The only thing he does is cook but the rest of the housework and laundry and errands is on me. He wants to have friends over but everyone is busy. How can I get him to back off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I am guessing that you are a SAHM. If he works then the cleaning and laundry should fall on you. I know it can get crazy taking care of kids all day but he works all day and it is simple to throw in a load of laundry and pick up a little durring the day. My DH wont even cook. I have to do EVERYTHING. And I am ok with that because I do stay home and not work. Now the gambling I would say something about if he was spending a lot of money on that. I would be pissed if my husband was gambling. I guess I dont see what he needs to back off about.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Let him know that he isn't picking up his share of the household responsibilities. That he is 50% of the adults in the household that need to be responsible for everything.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You need to have a SERIOUS discussion with him. The gambling is an addiction that he needs help for. Why are you having to take care of HIS parents? Does he work? How old are your kids? If he wont talk to you its time to re-evalue this relationship.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would talk to him about the money issue for sure because that is just going to get worse and hurt everyone. Tell him that you do not need to get a job if everyone can pitch in and help save money. Also, if you get a job who will take care of the house and kids? He needs to be reminded that you have a job already.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 12:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I suggest you do get a job. Then you need to discuss the chore allocation in the household so that it is equal. Then if he does not stop gambling you will be in a better position to support yourself and your children.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 12:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• talk to him
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2010