Singulair

My twins have been prescribed Singulair for their allergies and asthma triggered by allergies. They were on Zyrtec, and while that helped with most the symptoms, it didn't help with the nasal passages. After reading a lot about Singulair, I must admit I'm a bit nervous about the side effects. Will you please tell me your stories, and the pros and cons. Thanks.

yestheirallmine

Asked by yestheirallmine at 12:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My son was prescribed Singulair from the time he was two. It worked absolutely great for him, and I never noticed any side effects! I was absolutely thrilled with how well it controlled his asthma & allergy symptoms. That being said, when allergy season would get really bad, alot of times he would still have to take Claritin (at his pediatricians recommendation) along with the Singulair daily.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• When my son was younger, he was on Singular and zyrtec. He never had any problems. It worked great for him!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• The only way we got my grandsons asthma under control was to add Singulair. He takes Zrytec as well. Since adding Singulair He hasn't had to be hospitalized one single time for asthma. He has zero side effects.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I take Singulair and Zyrtec D for allergies and asthma. My son has been on Singulair also and neither of us has had any problems and I have been on it for years. I know many people on Singulair and no one has had any side affects or issues.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• DS is on Singulair. He's been on it for about a month and a half so far, with no side effects. He takes it for asthma and, so far, has done very well on it and it seems to be serving its purpose, so we're happy.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 6:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i was on it as well as my dd and i have seen no problems
    JerzisMommy

Answer by JerzisMommy at 3:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2010