Why is my blood sugar high?

I have hypoglycemia and high blood pressure.My doctor thinks my blood sugar is high because of my blood pressure.I've been going through the worst hell of my life with this low blood sugar and I've had terrible symptoms.I went in for 2 blood tests and they all say high blood sugar or normal.I don't understand what is going on here,completely frustrated.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 1:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Health

•  Hypoglycemia means your blood sugar drops sometimes and you have to be careful to eat regularly to prevent this. It doesn't mean it will be low all the time.  For a person with a healthy functioning pancreas; as we eat and absorb food, which the digestive tract turns into glucose in the blood, the pancreas produces just enough insulin to push the glucose into cells in the body to nourish our cells. Within seconds the pancreas quits again when we stop eating, and the blood sugar just stays in the normal range. For a person with some illnesses this may not be. Many things can affect this. If you have only high blood pressure, IT SHOULD BE TREATED. Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to stroke.I encourage you to call your doctor's office and at least set up an appointment for education of what your lab results mean, and if you need to treat you blood pressure. Good luck to you.

Maggie2688

Answer by Maggie2688 at 6:34 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Why do you keep asking the same questions everyday. If your so concerned make an appointment with your Dr. to sit and talk about all your questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2008