When shopping for food at walmart even though you price match and use coupons do you feel you still spend alot?

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Shopping

• I shop at Kroger because they double my coupons
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• That is where I shop at mostly.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I always feel like I spend too much, but I'm cheap LOL =) I hit up publix's B1G1 sales and use my coupons also. That tends to make me feel the best about what I spend.
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 12:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Heck no! I save more at Wal-Mart than I do shopping at any other grocery store around here.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I always spend to much in that store, because they have so much to offer and I always think I need that when I really don't. It's the evil behind walmart!! I a serious note, I mainly shop there because they compare prices, most of the time cheaper, and everything is in one store. No shopping to three different stores.
    hforreste10

Answer by hforreste10 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I feel like I spend too much no matter where I go, and it's more because of how prices have gone up in recent years, and I still remember a cart full of groceries being $50-75 when I was little, and I don't recall my mom ever using coupons or anything.

Generally, though, I can get stuff cheaper at regular grocery stores by shopping sales and using coupons to advantage (i.e., doubling, or shopping when they have a triple coupon sale). Walmart doesn't double, they limit how many coupons you can use, and things usually go on sale for cheaper than Walmart prices if you're patient and don't limit yourself to a certain brand.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I DON'T get groceries at Wal-Mart because even using coupons & whatnot I can spend less and get more at other grocery stores. Wal-Mart does NOT have the best grocery prices - they're outrageous!
    Anonymous

• I am not a big fan of Wal-Mart for groceries. I don't like their produce section.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 12:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• don't buy food there
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Our local WalMart has similar prices to the grocery stores - used to go there all the time before we moved and the grocery stores are much closer than the WalMart !! What I spent too much on was the "other" stuff that WalMart carries that I didn't necessarily need to shop for every week !!!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2010