How old were you when you had your first colonoscopy?

That is if you ever had one before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Health

• Never had one, but I think docs say 50.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I had one at 29 to rule out Ulcerative Colitis. I just have IBS thank goodness!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I had one at 30. We have a family history of colon cancer and all four of my siblings and I had polyps at 30. UGH! We all get them every five years.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I've not had one yet, but the older women in my office started having them at 40, which is apparently when our insurance thinks we should start having them. I'm 38, so I still have 2 more years before it's my turn.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I was in my 40's. My sister had one and they found polops and told her to tell her siblings to have the test done. Sis was fine, and mine showed none. I think if there's no other reason, the age is 50, but not sure.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Right around my 28th birthday. I'd had some problems earlier in the year and they wanted to double check everything after I was healed from exploratory surgery earlier that year. Nothing was found - but don't know if that was good or bad!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I had one somewhere in my 30's and just found a polp. I have had one more since than. I should have one sometime soon. They are no big deal cause sleep right through it. Just the prep stuff you have to drink is the worst part.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• 45.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• 27 because my mother died of colon cancer when she was 37. I have to get one every 5 years.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I got my first one last year--I was 67. It was fine. I'm healthy. But I hated the "prep". Ewwww.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010