Do you think space exploration is important? Is it worth the billions our governments spend?

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• YES. Anyone who doesn't support NASA doesn't have a clue how their research and advances have improved our lives. We are already falling behind in science we can't afford NOT to fund NASA.

NASA takes up about one percent of the discrecinary budget and it has given us all so many great things. For every dollar of NASA spending adds 10 dollars to the economy so they are actually adding to the economy unlike so many other things the Gov spends money on. My sister had a large-core needle biopsy last year on three breast tumors. It was less invasive than the traditional biopsies and she was able to go back to work after it was done thanks to NASA. Ultrasound scanners, insulin pumps, portable x-ray devices and many other things have come about because of research at Nasa. It is worth the pennies each of us pay for NASA every year. Google this and see all the great things that come from Space research.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 1:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• We spend so much on Space Exploration and Wars... money that I would love see go to schools or healthcare.

I understand that everyone has a different point of view... I am not saying War and Space Programs are not important, but when a family budgets they would budget for certain things before others.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Is it important yes, have we gained knowledge from it, sure....is it "worth" all that we put into it....i dont know....as of right now i think alot of things need an over haul!!! We could probably cut back quite a bit. Im not exactly sure (dont read about) what finding out if our moon has water on it does for our EARTH today, and now!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It's the only gov spending in the entire budget that generates a profit. Opposing it is basically saying you want the national debt even higher.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Not really, I'm sure their are alot more pressing issues we could be dealing with. I think the goverment is just scared that another country might find some information out there first.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think we need more information on what NASA does. Than I think people will think it is money well spent.
    But if think they are looking for green people than it becomes a joke.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/hqlibrary/pathfinders/spinoff.htm

Check out the above link for starters.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• NASA's budget is 19 billion. Because of that money, we have scratch resistant lenses, dustbusters, shock absorbing helmets, sports bras, fogless goggles, hang-gliders, a highly improved digital imaging breast biopsy system called LORAD, laser anginoplasty, cool suits, and a host of other products that extend lives, improve health, increase convenience, or let you read the answers to your questions. If I was NASA, I wouldn't be trying to justify the money I spent. I would just tell everyone 'You're Welcome'.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 5:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• at the rate we're burning though this planet, it might be quite a wise investment.
    besides, there are many other uses for the technologies they develop.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010