I have Morning Sickness and

My Mom is worrying me to death about what I eat. I eat very light things until afternoon (so I don't get sick, cause I am queasy until early afternoon). She says I am not getting enough nutrition, even though I take a prenatal and an extra 400 mcg. of Folic Acid daily.
Here is what I have had today: Honey Nut Cheerios (w/very little milk), 2 of the little cups of strawberry applesauce, and a pack of peanuts.
Now, that being said, I always feel better at dinner, and can eat a regular meal.
So, you all tell me, am I eating too little? Or is it okay to eat lighter things in the morning? I never had morning sickness with my first one, so this queasy thing is all new to me. I know it does not sound like a lot through the day, but honestly if I eat any more I will throw up, not just be queasy (I know, I tried).
So, who is right me, or my Mom? Should I eat lighter and keep it down, or eat more and not.

mommy11260

Asked by mommy11260 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eat what you can; as long as you are taking a pre natal the baby will be fine, and your appetite should pick up in the second trimester anyway :) I get sick for the whole first tri each time, and actually lose weight, not because I don't eat, I just lose weight for some weird reason. But when I've got the morning sickness going on, I only eat a few things I know won't make me sick or will make me feel better- this time it was things like bagels and ginger tea, last time it was saltines and sprite lol. Baked potatoes are winners for me, and sometimes melons or bananas are okay when I feel icky- I get nauseous for the first tri, get a few weeks off, then get periodic nausea from then until birth lol.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You won't benefit from throwing up the extra food. I stuck with lighter meals during my morning sickness phase.

Have you tried ginger? It always takes care of my nausea. If you don't like ginger, you can take ginger pills instead.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 12:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Ask your doctor,they r the experts not moms.
    Anonymous