my son had to get a blood test oct 6th cause i had to take him to the er for a high fever and the bruise on his hand still hasent gone away is that normal he will be 4 months nov 9th ?

nikkiandtommy

Asked by nikkiandtommy at 12:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what does the bruise look like? is it black / blue / purple or does it have yellowish hues throughout it? if it still heavily bruised w/o any yellowish hues (sign of healing) i'd call your dr. did you get the blood test results back? anemia can make it difficult for bruises to heal.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 1:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My youngest had to have a blood test for something or other right after he was born.  He had a bruise for a few weeks on his hand from the blood draw.  It eventually went away.

Then again I had to have my blood drawn the same day (they wouldn't let us leave until they got the results...I don't even remember what they were for now).  The spot on the inside of my elbow was sore and bruised for 2 weeks.  Which is normal for me.  I bruise easily.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010