Isn't Cafemom supposed to be sort of a support group or place for advice?

I got jumped on for the first question I ever asked on CM... "Is that the whole reason you made an account? Just so you could ask that?" Then went on to bash me. Well...yes.... That's what I thought the point of this site was, advice. I just saw this happen to someone else.
Also, let's not judge others' parenting choices. If you read a question, and you don't agree why would you bash the person for how they feed, diaper, immunize discipline, etc. Just move on if you don't agree. People come here for support, not to be brought down, I'm starting to hate this site, because I can't ever ask or answer a question without getting jumped.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• EVERYONE has different views on how to parent. I don't see a shit load of bashing on here but I do see it. You just need to learn to ignore the bashers and listen to the people who are on here to help you.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Some people do come here for support.
    Some people come here for fun.
    Some people come here for entertainment.
    Some people come here just to stir shit and picks fights.

And then.. For some people. The reasons they are here at that very moment in time depends on what's going on in their life and how their day in general is going. lol

Around here. Do not let a few negative responses put you off from enjoying/using CM for the reasons that YOU chose to join. There is always good/bad in every situation. Same here. Take the good. Leave the bad. Enjoy the parts you like. Avoid what you don't like. How CM is used, interpretted, and even the atmosphere is created by "US" the users, the participants. We choose what we put on here, and how we respond to what others put on here. Drama need not be here, nor hurt feelings. All it takes is one choosing not to participate in drama, and one choosing how they wish to view things.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• There are rude people everywhere in this world, even on this site, it's just a fact of life. But there are also a lot of really great people who offer sound advice and support which you would miss out on if you left. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. I've never posted a question but I still find advice on questions and answers I read and I like sharing my experience with others as well. The DH and I joke that I like this site because I am a bossy-boss know-it-all and on CM I get to give people my opinion and advice. If I see something I disagree with that I feel strongly about I do sometimes reply instead of just moving on, but I always try to reply with respect and without judgment. Maybe my words will be ignored, or maybe they will show someone a new perspective on an issue, or a new way to handle a situation.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I totally agree. So many times a mom asks a question or posts something informative just to get bashed. How sad that we as moms can't be supportive of others. Just because I know something or do something does not mean that others know that or do the same thing I do. It would be a much better place if we we all try to be supportive and loving of other moms.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sorry but seriously there are alot of nice ladies on here who dont bash and are not judgemental you have to have a thick skin some people just like to act rude and mean beacause they are behind a keyboard :(
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You can be any level to ask an anonymous question but you have to be level 16 to answer anonymous
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Just take the opinions or advice from all and filter through the garbage and take the best you can from all advice given, no, its not always support, sometimes it is eye opening truth from the outside viewpoint, sometimes its support, sometimes its bashing.. take it all with a grain of salt and you will meet some wonderful supporting mothers that will help you thruogh many things..!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes I agree with you poster. This is getting very nasty on here lately. I can not stand it. It is scary to think that moms on here are just that nasty. I hope to god they do not teach there children to act this way. I have a suggestion, if they do not like the post do not answer it. Then I do not have to here others say just ignore it.
    Anonymous

• I agree this is for advice. However, you have to be able to take the good with the bad. If you're on a public forum you have to be able to take the people who won't agree. You can't have thin skin of a public forum, there are no filters on here. You either accept that people will be rude/mean or you move on. There isn't ever going to be a site where there aren't people who say EXACTLY what they believe. If I don't agree with someone I'm going to say it. It's the point of giving opinion, not just advice.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm sorry that there are some women who are bashing you. it's hard but a lot of us deal with the bashing. Try to remember that even though there are some women on here who are mean there are a lot of women on here that are very supportive understanding and they do give good advice
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2010