Do you know all the actual medical reasons for it?

With all the abortion questions today I thought I would point out a possibility that many don't recognize. Do you honestly think you know all the reasons for aborition?

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1184344/How_my_babies_made_me_Pro_Choice

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't really care if it's a medically needed abortion or not, it's not my choice what someone else does with their body... And politicians make bad doctors!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I know and agree with you Sabrina just hoping to open a few eyes.
    Alanaplus3

Comment by Alanaplus3 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Honestly, I don't know all the reasons people murder others, but I still believe it is wrong. It doesn't matter what the reason is, I still believe abortion is wrong. I have heard heartbreaking stories of moms who believed it was necessary to have the abortion, but I have also heard heartbreaking stories of moms who made the decision to carry the baby as long as it had life. While I can't imagine the grief of carrying a baby that is going to die before or almost immediately after birth, I have had friends go through it. I believe they made the right choice. My heart grieves for woman who face these usually impossible situations, but I am encouraged each time I hear of a mom who choose not to have the abortion.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Mich you may want to read the story it is not anything like what you just discribed.
    Alanaplus3

Comment by Alanaplus3 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I support a woman's right to choose. In addition to medical reasons, people DO get pregnant even though they were being careful and using protection, and they're in situations where a child is not a good idea. Yes, there are women who use abortion as a birth control method. i ended a friendship with a woman partly because of decisions like that (7 abortions later). But for the majority of women who make that choice, it's not an easy decision, and they should have the right to do it. Abortions will happen regardless of whether or not they're legal, but at least they're safe this way.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I read the story and I wasn't describing just the story. I have actually read and heard about her medical situation. That doesn't change my views on abortion. I don't think it is necessary to know ALL the medical reasons it might be necessary. Just answering your question!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• That is not any her that is my story of my twins pregnancy.
    Alanaplus3

Comment by Alanaplus3 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Sorry. I don't really pay much attention to screen names! :D I'm terrible about that.

I still don't really understand what is wrong with my answer? Your question was: "With all the abortion questions today I thought I would point out a possibility that many don't recognize. Do you honestly think you know all the reasons for aborition?"

And, NO, I don't know all the reasons, but that doesn't change my opinion.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• – collapse
    I'm sorry you were in that situation. But it doesn't change my mind at all on abortion and being pro-life. Miracles happen everyday and if the baby doesn't survive, a woman should feel blessed that she got to carry it for as long as she did. Some mother's will tell you that every child is a gift, regardless of special needs.

As far as aborting a child to save my own life, that is the most selfish thing someone could do. In fact when I was pregnant, I told my dh if there was a choice to save me or my baby, choose my baby. Because I wouldn't want to live with that decision anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Never said anything was wrong with your answer. And I am not out to change peoples beliefs completly just trying to show it is not as black and white as some people may think, and sometimes aborition can even be used to save a babies life.
    Alanaplus3

Comment by Alanaplus3 (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010