Do you and your husband talk and have conversations every day?

I have 4 kids and it seems funny to me that there are days when I really don't have much of a conversation with my husband. Sometimes it could be a few days at a time. I'm so busy with the kids and taking them to one sporting event after the next, cooking, cleaning, etc., that we rarely have a good conversation. Does anyone else have this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Been there, done that. This too shall pass. It's just a stage of your marriage. The conversations will come back. Then it will be like getting to know each other all over again. If there is any way possible-try to find a way to have a date night, even if it's just a beer or glass of wine after the kids are in bed. Try to make time to really be together, even though sometimes it seems impossible.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• No, my husband and I talk every single day. As soon as he gets home from work until the time we lay down for bed, we're talking about something. We only have one child though, but I can see how difficult it could be to fit in time with your husband during the weekdays when you have so many kids and so many activities. Maybe you should just find time to talk to him. Even if it's just for 5 or 10 minutes a day. It's really good for a relationship.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Nope, we talk every day.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• we talk everyday
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My husband and I "talk" everyday.. We talk about anything and everything from: things we may have both heard on NPR that day, something one of us may have read in the news that day, we talk about "us", we talk about the world and it's goings on in general.. and just about anything and everything else under the sun.

Talking-interacting with one another on a level other than just "parents" is very important for a married couple (any long term relationship). Husbands & Wives need to have a good interpersonal relationship, a good "man/woman" relationship.That main interpersonal relationship between man & woman, is the foundation of my family. If that relationship is not good, it affects my family negatively. Part of keeping that relationship healthy & happy is good communication, and putting in the time & effort to keep that relationship stimulated ( in all ways) and active.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• We have everything from serious to stupid silly/funny convos...all day...They actually start from the moment we wake up and cintinue until the end of the day. We have private conversations and we have convos that sometimes require the children to be involved in, and some that dont require the children but they sometimes cant resist joining. Our main entertainment in our home is talking to each other and the internet (talking to others)...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• We have talks everyday,sometimes for hours! We get alot of laughter in there too.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• yes....we talk but don't have actual conversations every day... like you i'm busy with the kids until they go to bed and by the time i fight my son to sleep my dh is getting ready for bed b/c he gets up early
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Talk? You mean, me opening my mouth and words coming out, him nodding? Cuase that happens all the time, but he never actually listens lmao. We have the same convo four times, he just doesnt realize it :P
    ThaSs

Answer by ThaSs at 1:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• We talk about stuff everyday, mostly things like how each others day went, but as for deep, meaningful conversations....no those usually don't happen everyday.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010