Birth Plan

Do you have to write a birth plan? What is a birth plan and what does it consist of? Who do you give it to and when do you give it them (the people you are suppose to give it to)?

angele41089

Asked by angele41089 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no... it's just something some ppl go over with their ob... like i told mine i didn't want a csection if i didn't HAVE to do it, i wanted an epidural and to have my son circumsized it's not a form or anything you fill out
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You don't have to, but it can answer some questions for your doc and family ahead of time so they aren't asking you when you're in pain. Go to birthplan.com, you can make a free birth plan. It will give you some suggestions of what you want to include. You would give it to your doc, the nursing staff and any family that will be in the delivery room.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• didn't have 1 just knew i wanted a epidural and went with the flow
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I didn't have a huge long complex plan. It went something like this: I want to go natural. But I will do whatever it takes to keep baby and I healthy.

I had an epidural with my first because the contractions were so hard that I couldn't breathe (I am asthmatic.) I was able to work through it with my other 2 pregnancies and went all natural.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010