Brazillian Wax??

My husband is coming home from Iraq soon, and I want to get a brazillian....any1 ever get 1 while pregnant? This will be my 1st ever...I will be about 28 weeks...what are your thoughts on this?

LuvMyMedic3ID

Asked by LuvMyMedic3ID at 1:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It will hurt, but you can do it. Do it a couple of days before he gets home, so that you can let the redness go away. It wasn't awful when I did it, but it doesn't feel good!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I haven't had one while pregnant but I did get one not too long ago when my dh came home on leave. OMG it was horrible. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, I think. I have tattoos in that area that didn't hurt. The wax was pure torture. I had to have her split it into two sessions and still didn't manage to finish. I ended up Nair-ing it the rest if the way.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My best friend did it when she was pregnant....the bad thing was she was allergic to the oil they put on it after the wax.....this was the first thing she ever had waxed so she didnt know she was going to have this problem. But she did it again later in the pregnancy just told them to not use the oil...she said it hurt like hell when they did it and wasnt fond of a woman between her legs in her business lol but she gets it done all the time now.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Bad idea!!!! You are a lot more sensitive down there and have a lot more blood to the area because of your pregnancy. If you've never gotten a brazilian before, they hurt like HELL.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I had a Brazilian wax every month while I was pregnant, up until a week before I gave birth. Never had any issues. TOTALLY worth it. The thought of having hair down there in general grosses me out, but the thought of giving birth with a "bush" REALLY gave me the heebie jeebies!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• By the way, if it's your first time, yes, they hurt.... But really not THAT much. Or maybe I just have a high pain threshold, who knows. The first strip is the worst, after that, meh.... Not that big a deal.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010