How do you get 14th month olds to stop biting??

aknapp

Asked by aknapp at 1:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When mine did that I would give them a stern look, use a firm tone and say "NO biting. Biting hurts" and then give them a teether biscuit (or something they could bite/chew) and say "here bite on this instead". I would NOT bite back, as that gives mixed messages -- Mommy says I can't bite her, but she just bit me.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• the only way i could get my kids to stop was to bit them back that way they know they feeling i know it sounds bad but it works :)
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 3:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My 15 month old was biting her twin. I used the firm "no". And when she stopped I praised her. It worked. She has stopped biting at this point.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• there is nothing that we can do to get these 2 14 month old boys to stop biting each other and others i pray this ends soon, i know they are teething and wonder if this has something to do with it?
    aknapp

Comment by aknapp (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2010