Bump if you think it should be a law to spell check!!!

Robsessed98

Asked by Robsessed98 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Bump!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Honestly, it bothers me more when people complain about spelling and grammar errors...why make someone feel uncomfortable over something so minor? I think being gracious is so much better.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• What people aren't allowed to make simple errors? People can't be perfect.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I agree perfection isn't ever going to happen for us moms, but I'm with you. lol - some things just bug me like that. I can't help but have a proofreading mind :D
    Tabitha988

Answer by Tabitha988 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• oooo I would be in so much trouble. Even when I spell check (which I do a lot) it misses you/your and the s that goes on the end of the singular verb form and a bunch of other things that make me look stupid even though I'm not.  Looking stupid and not being able to edit it later is enough of a punishment for me thanks!

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Actually, I'd like to see a law that requires a person to be capable of using proper spelling and grammar before they can graduate from high school... I NEVER use spell check, myself.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• actually i think people need to grow up , there are some out there who have dyslexia and other learning disabilities. if you can't deal with that, then crawl back under your rock with your spellcheck AND your grammar check and GTHO

for those who don't know what those disabilities are, and what dyslexia is GOOGLE it

pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 1:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• no bumps
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• lol, I just figured out how to do spell check. I swear I didnt even see use full editor. Blind as a bat. Might be something to throw out there once in awhile in a nice way.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Let me clarify... I did NOT mean the question as an attack on anyone with a learning disability!!! That is just NOT me, EVER... I'm talking about people that simply misspell multiple words and do not bother doing spell check before sending... it is just a pet peeve of mine, not saying anything to hurt anyone's feelings... sorry if it was taken that way by some.
    Robsessed98

Comment by Robsessed98 (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010