i need some legal advice

my sister in law had punched me in the face monday in front of my 5yr daughter and i called the cops, they didnt arrester her but gave her a ticket. im pressing charges againsted her for hitting me because she had no reason, im going to have her pay my ambulance bill, hospital bill and much more but need help any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to talk with a lawyer.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would also think about taking a restraining order out on her as well. Cant believe they didnt arrest her for that. But since there is a police report you should be able to go to court and get an RO in place asap. You can get an emergency RO tomorrow am
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Speak with a personal injury lawyer.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If you want her to pay your bills you are suing her, not pressing any criminal charges. "Pressing charges" is a criminal term and does not lead to monetary recourse. Talk to a lawyer.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• legal advice would be best
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• seek an attorney! Also get a restraining order and/or and Order of Protection right away!!!!! also if you are seeking monetary recourse you will have to file a small claims against her.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• She might even be held responsible for the "damages" caused... (medical bills) do some research online and go to your local court house they have self help centers.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have no legal advice but I would make sure that is what you want. I believe I would do the same thing. I wouldn't want anyone to punch me in the face in front of my children for no reason. Just know that it is possible your family may be split on this situation. Good Luck!
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2010