Anyone ever heard of "cranberry pills" for a UTI?I know drinking cranbeery juice helps but have you heard of the pills?

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 2:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I bought the cheap ones but they weren't effective at all.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:46 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i took azo pills(the cranberry pills)..azo's the brand and they worked for me
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 2:48 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Thanks
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 3:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yes- the pills get good ones BTW- work BETTER than the juice because you are not supposed to have ANY sugar with a UTI- feeds the bacteria. The juice is full of sugar. If you get the pills you are getting the good stuff w/o the sugar... However- if you have a full-blown UTI- you need meds, not just cranberry- won't kill, can help prevent, reduce symptoms etc, but won't usually KILL a UTI
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 3:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yeah I'm taking antiobiotics that I was prescribed but a friend had mentioned the "cranberry pills" and I was wondering if anyone had taken them.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 3:18 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I have taken the cranberry pills, they're useful for when you are -maintaining- a healthy urinary tract and ALSO have a sensitive urinary tract as cranberry juice can irritate it because of the acids. And cloud144 is talking about a different type of pill for UTIs. Cranberry pills will -not- numb your urinary tract.
    xNukleopatra

Answer by xNukleopatra at 7:00 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• The ingredient in Cranberries that eliminates UTI is D-Mannose. They have it in a liquid that can be purchased at any CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aide, etc. You drink 1 oz of the liquid and your UTI will go away very quickly. I've used it several times for myself and my 4 yr old daughter. It doesn't "numb your tract" it eliminates the infection.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My friend told me about them yesterday but the dr told me i wasnt allowed to take them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• they are basically concentrated cranberry way more than u get from the juice. it says right on them though always tell ur doctor ur taking them and listen if he says not to
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2008