HELP WITH FRYING CHICKEN =/

Okay so i fried chicken before BUT i always always have some type of blood in the center of it. is it because the heat is to high or what ?? and also i have white flour i was gunna season it but before i add the chicken in the flour do i have to wet it 1st ?

thanks.

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Ok, you can season the flour beforehand. You don't "HAVE" to wet the chicken beforehand. Try cutting a little meat off the chicken before you fry it. You may be using to big of a piece and turn the fire down to lower side of medium. Make sure you have enough oil in the skillet and don't put too many pieces of chicken in at a time. If you notice the outside getting too done, turn the fire down a little and put a lid on the chicken for a little bit.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• can't wait til you get answers but always season before the flour
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 2:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i agree with first reply
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I season the flour and the chicken, but no need to wet it. I like to marinate my chicken in a little milk (buttermilk if you have it or I like plain milk with some soy sauce in it) before I cook it (you can do it overnight) it seems like it makes for more tender and juicy chicken. This will also reduce the cooking time required and help you get your chicken done all the way through.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• The heat may be to high. I usually boil the chicken first just to make sure it is fully cooked and then fry it.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010