Is there a Label?

I grew up in a very christian enviroment, sunday school every week, youth groups, weds bible studies, nightly devotions and all that jazz. But I grew up :P And for the past years have been trying to determine what I do and dont believe in :P And what it comes down to is, I dont believe in that book and all the emphasis ppl put on it :P I believe in God and a higher calling and fate. I havent decided if I believe in a after life though.. I guess my question is, is there a label for that belief?

ThaSs

Asked by ThaSs at 2:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You sound like me...I have no clue either.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Healthy skepticism.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You are probably a theist. These are people who believe that there is a higher power but they don't have a name for it or do not presume to put a name on it, as religions do. As a witch I call it the godforce, the universal mind, or the divine energy. It is my belief in the Force and the supernatural which makes me a spiritual atheist rather than a skeptical one. It is not a cognizant entity, but an energy which we mold and use to direct our lives.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Searching.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You might look into Baha'i or Uniterian religions and see what you think of those.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• "You sound like me...I have no clue either. "

Its good to know I am not alone in this train of thought :) Thanks for posting!
    ThaSs

Comment by ThaSs (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'd have to know more than that, I think, to narrow it down, as there are many paths that could potentially fit....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2010