Having children while having Endometriosis

Did anyone have children without knowing they had enometriosis? I just found out that I had this disease and I read that it can cause infertility, but I've had 3 children and from my symptoms have had it for a long time before them. Also has anyone had horrible pain still during pregnancy while having endometriosis, although its suppose to get better during pregnancy? I ask this because my pain never stopped, it actually got a lot worse.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 2:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Health

• I have the same thing. I have 3 kids and did not find out till after all the kids were born. I do know that it can lead to painful intercourse which I do suffer from as well. If still in pain I would see a doctor. I had a whole hysermecaty and feel tons better than I did before. I was in so much pain I would have to take care of the kids while crawling around on my hands and knees.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes.. me and my husband were trying for many years and I was in and out of the Dr complaining of pain for over 3 years however now showing the common signs of extreme bleeding,. finally after 3 years they did exploritory laporoscopy and found it all over.. I had it lasered away and my uterus was also low so I had it lifted and was pregnant within 2 months.. I hear it can go away also after giving birth but I am feeling the pains all over again and we have not gotten pregnant again.. at the current time I am "using" in my mind as protection/Birth control along with others types..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My mother has it. She's had a number of pregnancy issues, including the majority of her pregnancies ending in miscarriage, but she also had my sister and I... So pregnancy is possible, as is a healthy baby. But I can't give you specifics beyond that... Sorry.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Oh yeah lol.. I forgot to add that major detail. I can only have sex while lying on my side - so much for "fun" right? And although my husband is great about it, it doesn't make it funner for me giving the one position I can do, can still cause pain quite often, just not AS bad as the other ways.. I'm sorry you are going through this.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• To Mmindiana: I too suffer from painful intercourse. It keeps getting worse and its excuriating, I almost always cry. I'm trying to find the right treatment method because I am breastfeeding and dont want something that will interfer with that.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2010