How Do You Feel About Your DH Watching Porn? **No Bashing Please**

So...my DH and I have fought over porn a couple of times but I'm so indecisive about how I feel about him watching it. I mean at first I was kind of offended because it's like I should be enough for you, you shouldn't have to watch other women or people in general. On the other hand he's a guy and mostly every guy watches porn the whole "guys will be guys" thing && it's not cheating, it just sometimes doesn't bother me and sometimes makes me feel shitty like why should you look at other people? I don't so why should you? && I know I'm enough for him it's just some days when I "deny him" he goes off to watch it. Does your DH watch it? How do you feel about it? Wicked indecisive.

JacksonsMommyx3

Asked by JacksonsMommyx3 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• I hate it when he watches it and he knows it upsets me. How I see it is he married ME if he wanted to see other women naked and get off on it then he should have never been married. I think its wrong for married men to get off of looking at other naked women other then their wives. Men should respect their wives feelings.
    But if the wives are okay with it then I have nothing to complain about, its their lives, their choice.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• me personally, I feel it is disrespectful to me and my DH knows where I stand on the issue
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• With my last SO, I didn't care. As I told him, "I don't care if you look at the menu, just come home for your meal!" Personally, I'd rather know if/when I was not available (we had a LD relationship for years) that he was looking at porn than out poking anything that held still.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I watch it more than he does. We both watch together at times. I really don't care if he watches it. Neither one of us will watch on the computer because we know that it infects the computer with viruses.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Not everyone is okay with it, and there's nothing wrong with that. Don't let anyone tell you you're uptight or prudish for it. I'm fortunate in that my DH has never been interested in porn (I think it kind of embarrasses him, actually), so I haven't had to deal with this particular issue. But I don't feel you should compromise the way you feel; talk with him about it and see if a solution can be found. Good luck.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• At this point in time in life. Neither my husband or I watch porn. Just not our thing. Just something neither of us have any interest in.

I have no issues with porn . I don't care one way other the other really. If he wants to watch it.. Okay.. If he doesn't, hey that's okay too.

If it bothered me, or made me feel shitty (especially if it made me feel bad about myself) I would have to take a cold hard look into myself and figure out why it bothered me/affected me the way it did. Then I would deal with those issues/reasons the best I could. If the reasons revolved around my self-view/self esteem..etc.. Then that's something that I would have to work out on my own.I and only I have influence/control over those sorts of thigns.. If it was an issue of my husband's behaviours/actions then I would have to take those things up with him. And hopefully we would work together to a mutually happy conclusion.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Nothing's wrong with it actually i love the hell out of some porn myself
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 2:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• ugggg I dont like it ether commen sence tells me men are men they like to be visuly stimulated not thet the nessasrly wont to be with the women on the tape idk they say women are more insucer around ovulacion who knows lol.
    valyesyaz

Answer by valyesyaz at 2:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It honestly doesn't bother me at all. To me, it doesn't even mean that he "wants other women" or anything like that. Men are visual, more so than women. So when they masturbate, they like to look at naked women. Whatever. Women are more mental, and a lot of women (including me) fantasize when masturbating. To me, it's really the same thing. Fantasy.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I watch it more than he does. In fact all the porn site memberships and DVDs in this house belong to me. I encourage him to watch it more than he does...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2010