potty training.....HELP!!!!

Any tips tricks or secrets for a little girl? pls help!!

julye

Asked by julye at 2:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wait until the kid is showing all the readiness signs, Then, just do it. No tips or tricks. And if she isn't even 2 yet, she may not be ready.

When she is, take her and have her try every 15 minutes until it is routine and she has no accidents, then up it to 30 minutes and have her try. Repeat over and over until she is potty trained. It took 4 days for my son.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• if she knows how to go on the potty but fights u with a routine, get cool-alert pull-ups. they help remind them they need to go.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 2:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• for what age/stage? my 3 year old was just stubborn. she already learned to use her muscles and hold it in, just refused to go in the toilet. so we bribed her by telling her if she wore big girl panties and went in the toilet from now on, we'd take her to disneyworld (we were planning on going anyways). i don't think she even knew exactly what disneyworld was...but she did it! never had an accident or used diapers or pullups again!
    i'm working on my 2 year old now. think i'm just gonna do the route of putting panties on her cause she gets lazy and pees in her pullup.
    ksanders

Answer by ksanders at 2:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• you could try when she is ready. I have a 5 year old that I had more problems with than the other two. But come to find out her kidneys are inlarged and her bladder is the size of an adult bladder and I know how hard it is to potty train. I would give her little treats when she went potty and she wore pull ups but know wearing underwear. when ready for underwear they will do more if let them pick out their own. Just give it time. Mine also would ask for the dvd player on when potty and that helped districk her. Just hang in there and they will let you know when ready and brides work a lot of the time.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• wat are the readiness signs? she tells me she needs to go, she holds her middle or says poo-poo. she just doesnt seem to understand you go in the potty no in your pull up.
    julye

Comment by julye (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• mine is doing that too. she is saying it and i got her to poop in the potty once and today she said it again and we had an accidnet. but that is a different story. just keep on putting her on the toilet when she says it. my litlte one says potty and knows that we whipe but rarely does pee in it. but when i do potty train fully i am doing the 3day training. and its just underwear. and you are with them 3 whole days. its hard but i think it will be worth it. you should look into it. i woudl say get rid of the pullups. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• thx lambdarose...i have been doing the underwear thing for a few days, i didnt know it was like training! lol she has finally got it down after i got rid of the pull ups. she has trouble pulling her underwear down but other than that she pretty good.
    julye

Comment by julye (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010