childcare for a friend

I don't know what to do. I am watching a friends two kids for her for nothing. She can't afford childcare. She has odd hours. I think she may be leaving work and not coming straight to get them. I feel bad for her she is a single parent. Any suggestions?

arenad

Asked by arenad at 2:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Ask her if she is coming straight to pick them up or not.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• if u dont mind watching her kids for her so she can have down time, let her kno. that way u can set up a time seperate from her work. if u dont wanna watch them extra time, just tell her u have ur personal life u need to take care of and u cant do it if she doesnt come straight to get them.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 2:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Well first, I am assuming that you have a problem with the odd hours and her not coming home straight away? If it's the hours and they are interrupting your life, tell her you love her as a friend, but she needs to make other arrangements. If it's the possibility that she isn't coming home right away, tell her you dont mind watching her children, but you're doing it as a favor. If she is as good as a friend to you as you are to her, there shouldn't be a problem. Also, depending on what state you're in, since she is a single mother with two children, the state could help her pay for child care, Texas does this for example. Dont just throw her kids out, but let her know it's beginning to be a problem and she needs to find other alternatives if she values you as a friend.
    Zara_1418

Answer by Zara_1418 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Ask her...she should at least call and let you know where she is if she is not at work...what if something happens? I use to babysit for a friend and she left work early one day and her son had a high fever and I could not find her for hours...I ended up taking her son to the hospital for fear the fever was just too much for his little body to handle. I think it is time to talk to her and find out what is going on.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I Just feel like she is using me. If she would ask it might not bother me as much.
    arenad

Comment by arenad (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would feel the same way, and to be honest she should show appreciation for what you're doing by being considerate of your time as well.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Ask her if she is coming straight there and call her when you think she might not be at work call her job they will tell you
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010