Toddler bed timing?

When did you move your toddler into a toddler bed? Just curious - we are in no rush!
My kiddo (25 mo) still sleeps up against the rails of his crib sometimes :-)

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 2:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son has been in his toddler bed for the last 6-months. He is 2.5 years old. He will still climb into bed with me some nights but mainly sleeps in his bed. Good luck
    pamsmith34741

Answer by pamsmith34741 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I moved my son to a toddler bed last month, right after he turned 2. It wasn't necessary, he never tried climbing out of his crib or anything, but I'm currently pregnant with my second and I'm planning on using his crib for this one. I wanted to make the move well BEFORE the baby was born, so he wouldn't feel like I kicked him out of his crib, heh. It was a really easy transition. I got him a Thomas the Train bed, which he LOVES. From the first night, he has slept in it without waking up, so for us, it worked!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My first stayed in his crib until 2.5 years. He never tried to climb out, never protested, so I left him there until he decided at 2.5 that he didn't want to sleep there anymore. And I'm glad we did it that way, as we've not once had to tell him to get back in bed.

My second is 18 months, and as soon as we get a bigger apartment where she has her own room (she'll be about 22 months), we're going to put her in a bed because she hates being enclosed, and from the times when we've let her sleep on mine and my husband's bed (supervised), she seems to be much happier, so we anticipate success. Though I also anticipate having to tell her to get back in bed several times over the course of the first few nights (there will be no toys in her room to distract her from the business at hand, at least at first, lol).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My son was 24mos when we got him the thomas the train bed. which he loved from the start. That is when my daughter needed to be in a crib. It just work out for everyone. He only fell out twice....toddler beds are low to the ground. Kids learn better quick. Good luck.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• we moved our son to a toddler bed two months after his 2nd birthday. he was climbing out of the crib all the time, so we felt he needed to be moved for safety reasons.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 5:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I have moved all of my kids straight to twin beds around the 2 yr bday. My 4th went to a twin bed with side rail at 21 months because he was climbing out of his crib.

Answer by missanc at 8:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2010