Why are there so many questions about Circumcision lately?

We all know everyone has an opinion and they are hardly ever the same.. ME think you do this to get the mommas hearts pumpin and da babies kickin lol ... So my question: Why would or did you post a question about Circumcision? Did you ever get any helpful advice if you did ask the question???

Lena-Loo

Asked by Lena-Loo at 2:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've wondered that too. I guess since I never had boys it seems silly to me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I've never asked a question, but there have ALWAYS been a lot of questions on the subject. I think some people honestly want to know the pros and cons of each, and some people do it just to stir up drama. Me, I'm against it, but hey, whatever you do with your kid isn't any of my business. I do dislike it when people justify doing it because of reasons that just aren't true (like, it's more hygienic), or in my opinion, dumb. Like the one where they claim it more protective against STD's. Really? You think it's okay to tell your son "don't worry about a condom, you're safe"?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i think its because recently (to me it seems) that there has been a lot more debate about propper reasons behind it. but i agree, it usually ends in just mamma bashing unfortunately
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 2:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I've never posted a question about circumcision nor answered one. But I'm like you, I don't understand why people would. Its just like posting a question about breastfeeding vs formula. WE ALL KNOW that breastfeeding and not circumcising is the best choice as far as health. However, we live in a country were we are free to feed and cut our children as we please (unfortunately) so there's no point in arguing about it.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 2:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• LOL I have no children and do not even know what I am having yet and I sat and argued for 4 hrs last night with some lady about the health benefits of it. I got up this morning and was laughing at my self over it...
    Lena-Loo

Comment by Lena-Loo (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• But I am all for coving it up, it can stop STD's and help with population control the 2 biggest problems the states have today
    Lena-Loo

Comment by Lena-Loo (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Seriously? PLEASE tell me exactly how it helps prevent STD's and controls population?!?!?!?!?!? By the way, I'm a nurse, I want facts to back you up, not opinions.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 3:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• because the rates have dropped so sharply over the last few years, and people are wondering if there actually are any benefits to cutting off the foreskin. Also, as information spreads and parents realize what a painful procedure it is, many are wondering if it's "neccessary" like their own parents may have told them.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• There r alot of stupid,dumb people!! It is not necessary to put a child through that pain. I think that people that do that r cruel!!!! There is no medical reason to do that! No benefit comes from that. The real facts r u put your kid through that there is a greater risk of uti and other infections!!! For those of u that r not medical savy it is (urinary tract infection)
    Anonymous

• I'm with -crunchy-mama-, I'd love to hear your reasons for those statements...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2010