MY 14YR OLD AND HER BOYFRIEND ARE TELLING EACH OTHER I LUV U!

SHOULD I BE WORRIED?

mom61175

Asked by mom61175 at 3:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• no, its nothing really at all. i think majority if teens will say that at some point in time, they dont know what it means, they are just infatuated with each other thats all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• chances are it is just puppy love and they seem to think it is real love, I don't think it is too much to worry about but I would just watch the behavior and their body language towards eachother, things like that can simply be innocent, or it can lead to sex which is why I said watch the body language between the two - good luck!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yes and no. No because this is how the hormones opererate. Yes, because first comes love and sometimes, sex comes alot quicker than you think. Make sure she is completely prepared for that pressure from him and from within herself to consumate the relationship. Keep them from temptation: don't let them be home alone or anywhere without supervision for now. I think 14 is too young to expect privacy. Of course where there is a will, there is a way, so preparation for birth control may be a conversation you want to have. You need to spend time with her one on one and work the relationship so you have an opening to talk about those things. Good luck.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:46 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I dont' want to freak you out...and I can hardly believe I actually did this..it seems so absolutely insane now...but 14 year olds are stupid....when I was 14 I persued a man and lets just say he slowed down so I could catch him and leave it at that. My parents trusted both of us and never in a million years would ever imagine the things that were happening would actually happen. I felt like I was mature enough to deal with it and now I totally regret it, but you can't undo what's been done. I would just make sure they aren't able to be alone with each other. I agree with whoever said 14 is way to young to expect any privacy. But also, be open to talking about safe sex, etc.
    Anonymous

• Don't leave them alone together, that's all I can say.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 2:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My 14 y/o twin boys have girls falling all over them. As soon as they show any interest it immediately becomes "I love you". Like they all know what love is. It turns my sons off which is okay with me. I think all girls seem to think they are "in love" at this age.

To quote PamJM: Don't leave them alone together!
    RNMOMO4

Answer by RNMOMO4 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Well it is not love but it feels like it to them or they are just saying it to feel mature within themselves. That will help them justify in their minds a more sexual relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• No. Don't be worried about the words they are saying, its the actions you have to watch. Dont allow them to alone and unsupervised. If they are going out somewhere, be sure it is with a group of friends and there is a parent involved. Always confirm with the other family when they say they are going to be somewhere and dont be afraid to tell that parent your rules or concerns. I made the mistake of not calling my daughters parent for a sleep over and found that one of the friends SINGLE MOM felt it was okay to leave four 14 year olds at a teen night club till midnight. Teens say I love you to their friends, so dont take I love you to a boyfriend so seriously. Its the actions and body language you need to watch. When she starts pulling away from you and confining herself to her room is when a serious talk is necessary. Good luck.
    MomCares1234

Answer by MomCares1234 at 6:40 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• No. Everyone I know, told their jr high/highschool boyfriends or girlfriends they loved them...its called puppy love!
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 2:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• no i doubt that they really no what i love you means and like what MommaLucy said its probably just puppy love.
    MOMMAof5_

Answer by MOMMAof5_ at 5:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2008