DO YOU MOMMYS EVER THINK OF GOING TO COLLEGE ? YOU SHOULD I AM 42 AND i AM LOVING GO OUT THERE AN DO IT.

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in

• I just graduated at the top of my class in June of this year and I'm 43. It was such a wonderful experience and has given me a huge opportunity in a wonderful job for a top 10 employer in my area. I never dreamed I could be this successful at my age, but I did it and I'm damned proud! It also set a great example for my teen DD who is a senior and gave her the will that if Mom can do it (top of the class), then there's no reason why I can't try, too. So far, her grades have shot up to the top and I'm proud to have been such a great influence on her as well.

So, going back to school for me has had a HUGE positive result in my life and I would recommend anyone doing it.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My mom is getting her B.A. and she is 50.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Been there, did it and graduated with a 4 year degree at 22.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm a stay at home mom with her Master's degree. :-) It's never too late or early... and it'll always come in handy.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I want to go to college. Just not bad enough to make it work yet. But it's going to happen within 5 years.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'd like to be able to finish my Bachelors in Criminal Justice and work on my Masters and as soon as I have the funds, I will be doing just that.

I like going. I miss it. I try to take continuing ed classes that spark my interest whenever I can.

Congratulations to the ones who have done and good luck to those who are thinking about or currently going. I think it's a great thing to do.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm in college too! I have made quite a few friends at school and most of them are women in their 40's. I say good for you!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I say go for it mama!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'm in school. No currently, but, waiting till next fall, for the next go round with the Nursing program. I like being in school, being productive or at least working towards being productive. I'm less depressed when I'm in school.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Good for you!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

Next question in
School Lunch ~ Brown baggin it

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Is being pregnant scary?