DO THINK ANY ONE SHOULD OWN A GUN?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think those that have to protect their land and herds from coyote, etc...those that hunt TO EAT. And that's about it. But I come from a very anti-gun family in an area that it is the norm to NOT own a gun, I don't know one person in my family or circle of friends that does....and to think we all survived all this time, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes, I think law abiding citizens should have the choice to own firearms.

Do I think anyone should be able to own a gun?  no.  Not just anyone.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• YUP I think I should own a gun...wait I DO! I also don't believe in stricter gun laws because we already have them they just need to be enforced.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes I think people should own guns. I think the laws we have now are just fine if they would enforce them, although I'm not really thrilled about registration and all that. If you own a gun make sure you know how to use it and are prepared to use it. It goes without saying have a way of keeping it safe from kids and also teach them gun safety. I grew up with guns in the house (mostly hunting rifles). They were not locked up, just on a rifle rack in my parents bedroom. We knew not to touch it. That would not work in my house --they'd have to be locked up. But for hunting and / or protection, I'm all for people owning them.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• yes, it's our constitutional right. Beyond that, criminals will own guns so we should be able to protect ourselves. Also, hunters need then (well, I guess they could use a bow and arrows). I think we should be responsible with them though. My feeling is, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Lorkeet said it..

and there are already thousands + laws and restrictions on the books..adding more does no good when it's not enforced.Another thing states with real strict gun laws ..the criminals have guns still and they easily obtain them..the victims are even further victmized because they can't lawfully protect themselves as well because of the harsh gun laws/restrictons.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Any responsible adult.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Isn't it odd that most of the people who own lots of guns (and don't mind that the guns could do some bad things),are the ones who are Pro-Life and anti-rights for gays?

***
    Better check that "research" of yours! I am conservative leaning (libertarian/constitutionalist), pro-life--exceptions as per the Hyde Amendment, I support gay rights, AND I own several guns (among a number of other things)!

Seeing as you're so "tolerant and open minded," please take your stereotypes somewhere else! You might find this surprising, but not everyone can be placed in the same box, all tied up with a bright red bow!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• kerp if fire arms were banned from the Amercan citizens..one day you'd very likely have way more to be worried about than abortion or gay marriage.All of our other rights seem to hinge on the first two! Speech and the right to bare arms..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think taking the guns out of the hands of hardworking honest Americans won't keep them out of the hands of criminals anymore then making drugs illegal has stopped them from being used in abundance. I think the laws we have are fine if they were enforced the way they should be.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 3:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010