The comment "better you than me."

Does anyone think this is just rude or all in fun? I mean of course it all depends on the way the person says it, but I think this comment is rude anyway and especially from a stranger. I've gotten used to a lot of comments since having the twins and now having five kids. But I think ppl should think before they talk sometimes. Luckily I don't get offended anymore......I've heard it all, lol!

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 3:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it sounds rude no matter how you say it!
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Depends on what it's used for and who says it. My friends and I say it back and forth to one another just to be funny. None of us get offended by it since we all know it's just good natural fun.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• i agree and i feel bad when i even think the comment.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It depends. I'm currently pregnant with twins, and I've gotten a lot of "better you than me" comments. That really ticks me off. I'm already emotional, so I guess that may have something to do with my reaction, but that just seems rude.
    joeymommy1

Answer by joeymommy1 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• yes, normally rude. I had a situation one day though that was kind of funny. Im a letter carrier and I was out delivering mail. The UPS man was dropping off a package and this dog came out after him. The guy got away alright, and when he passed me I said, "better you then me", we both laughed. But thats only in certain situations that are appropriate. The guy wasnt hurt, thank goodness so it was said in fun...but not like your situation, no way.
    Anonymous

• I have 5 also. I think it's rude right along with "do you know what causes that."
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You know.. The only time I can think of when I have heard the phrase is when referring to a pregnant woman.. Geesh.. what a-holes.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think it usually sounds rude, and it makes me want to roll my eyes when I hear it!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It can be sometimes
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I never really thought about it being rude or not....but like you said, it depends on how it is said, the tone and all of that. I totally agree though that people should think before they talk!!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2010