what to do when we cant agree...

We are having a little boy within the next 3 weeks... The whole pregnancy my husband and I have argued over the name...

He only like the over-used, common names like, Ayden, Jayden,& Colton ( I have a group of friends and there is already 2 aydens, 2 jaydens and 3 coltons ! )

I mean i dont want a far out name but I want something not so trendy like Seth, Ryan, Joseph ( Joey), Marcus, etc...

I am willing to bend on some names but I just cannot deal with those 3 names, and those are the only names he wants, and will not budge ( we literally have arguments over them) ... I have even offered to do a more trendy name, but just not one of those and he refuses.... What would you do?

I even got so tired of him doing this that i wrote 2 pages of names and gave it to him and told him to chose one... he ripped it up, wrote those 3 names and gave it back to me....CANNOT take it anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Baby Names

• Does he have a mother or a sister that might could help persuade him?
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Can you use one of those as a middle name? Sounds like you're trying to work with him, and he's not wanting to compromise. Grrrr... how frustrating.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• dont know what to tell u but here a bump
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You're the one going through 9 months of pregnancy and labor. YOU decided if he's refusing to compromise. Both of you made this baby and both of you should be able to decide. He's being childish.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• tell him ayden and jayden are also common for girls to have as names today..ask him if he wants his son to have a more masculine name.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Why not tell him he can choose the middle name and you choose the first name? My hubby and I take turns that way.
    ThaSs

Answer by ThaSs at 3:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• That sounds awful! I am so sorry you are dealing with that right now.
    I would try thr middle name thing, but it sounds like he is going to throw tantrums like this and you will eventually have to give in.
    :(
    I hope for the best!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• What about Cody, Dalton, Hayden or Jayson. Both of you need to choose a name and then choose which is the first name. Good luck.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• There's names like Tyler,Bryden,Carson the list goes on or you can start pulling names from family members like my hubby and i are having a boy and we named him Robert Michal after his step dad and brother try that see if your hubby wil do that
    fightformyRaine

Answer by fightformyRaine at 12:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It should definitley be a compromise! If you don't like those names, he needs to be respectful of it. I don't know what to tell you.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010