Christmas toys (please help)

Okay, my 4 year old son wants a nintendo ds for christmas. first le t me say that he is very mature for his age, i mean he's already on a 2nd grade level. So i am not saying he shoudnt have it, i just want to know is there anything else similiar like it and cheaper? Right now the nintendo ds at walmart are running 150.00 plus tax.

Tanisha709

Asked by Tanisha709 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would wait to get it for him.. I did that, got my girls high tech stuff at a young age, and now I wish I would have waited so I could get it for them now that they can FULLY understand it,.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yeah...i'd just go with toys instead of passive media for at least another 2 or 3 years.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You can always get a used one. My 4 year old loves playing her big sister's.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• This year we are going all educational. We are getting DD (3 1/2 yrs) the Leapster 2 by leapfrog.... The handheld game is like $50 and the cartridges are $25 each... I went to Kmart and put the stuff in lay-away... We got the game and like 4 cartridges for $150... Hope that helps
    blackbudrfly

Answer by blackbudrfly at 6:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=22260

nintendo Ds preowned $75 dolars.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Leapfrog Leapstar 2, Fisher Price ixl, V-tech Mobigo
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 5:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010